Salmon is meaty, full of flavour and packed with kind-to-your-heart, omega 3 unsaturated fatty acids. Easily grilled in 10 minutes and served with a helping of Jollof Rice, this salmon dish makes the ultimate homemade, express dinner.
This recipe serves 4 people.
1 jar of Jollof sauce
500g Long grain/easy cook rice
1 Teaspoon curry blend/favourite seasoning
1 Small chopped onion
1 - 2 Cups water/chicken/veg stock
4 Pieces of salmon
2 Tablespoons jerk seasoning or your favourite fish seasoning
4 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Don’t forget to include ingredients for your favourite salad
- Measure and wash the rice and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a medium sized pot and fry the chopped onion until soft. Add in the curry blend and stir for a minute.
- Next, add the Jollof Sauce and gently simmer for 2-5 minutes. Mix in the washed rice and slowly pour in the stock or water. You will need to cover the rice by about 2cm of liquid.
- Cover the saucepan with aluminium foil followed by the lid. Bring the rice to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to cook for about 15 minutes. Half way through, you will need to mix the rice and sauce using a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, set the grill to high, season the salmon with salt, pepper and the fish seasoning. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning over halfway through cooking time.
- Check the rice; if soft and fluffy, switch off the heat and set aside.
- Next, prep your favourite salad.
- Once the salmon is ready, serve hot with the Jollof Rice and a side of salad.