A winning combination of succulent tender flakes of grilled fish and a thick, wholesome sauce. Satisfying, scrumptious, sinfully yummy!
This recipe serves 2-4 people.
1 jar of Palmnut sauce
500g White fish like Tilapia
1 Tablespoon fish seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons oil
- Clean, wash and gently pat dry the fish using paper towels.
- Next season the fish with salt, pepper and fish seasoning. Put the fish in an oven proof dish and drizzle with oil.
- Grill the fish on the highest setting (about 3 minutes on each side) until just golden brown.
- Once cool to the touch, flake the fish and remove any bones.
- In a saucepan, cook the palmnut sauce with approximately half a cup of water used to rinse out the jar. Let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully add in the grilled fish flakes and simmer on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Once desired consistency is achieved, take the sauce off the heat and set aside while you prepare the starch dish.
- Serve with yam, potatoes or any other starch accompaniment.